Second All-Russian Contest of Jewellery Art
of the Second All-Russian Contest of Jewellery Art in Kaliningrad
In 2014, Kaliningrad Amber Museum conducts All-Russian Contest of Jewellery Art for the second time, which includes: exhibition and contest, seminar “Integration of jewellery with contemporary art and design. Challenges and advantages”, educational programme by leading experts and specialists in the sphere of jewellery art, publication of the catalogue.
In 2012, this project started successfully, jewellers from Kaliningrad, Kazan, Makhachkala, Moscow, Nizhniy Tagil, Rostov-on-Don, Saint Petersburg, Togliatti, Yaroslavl and Zlatoust took part in it. Curators of the contest were workers of Russian museums, Togliatti State University, Research Institute of Theory and History of Fine Arts of the Russian Academy of Arts (Moscow), Committee of National Arts and Crafts of Zlatoust, Dagestan department of ACPA "Union of Russian Artists".
The First All-Russian Contest showed the necessity of this action. It helped to n extent to see the picture of what is happening in the jewellery space of the country, educe issues of contemporary state of the designer jewellery art in regions of Russia.
Considering the experience of organization and conduction of the First contest, the Organizing Committee decided to include demonstration of the contest exhibition in Russian regions during 2014–2015 in the programme of the Second All-Russian Contest of Jewellery Art. It is also worth mentioning that in order to draw attention of wide public to the issues of culture development, preservation of cultural and historical heritage, the year 2014 was declared the Year of Culture in Russian Federation.
1. Creation of the united all-Russian information space for jewellers and specialists of this field.
- Development of Russian centers of jewellery art based on strengthening intercultural communications with the artistic centers of Russia, participation in common projects.
- Creation of conditions on the territory of Kaliningrad oblast for demonstration of accomplishments of Russian jewellery art and improvement of professional skills of Kaliningrad artists.
- Contribution to the event tourism in Russia.
- Organization of demonstration of the contest exhibition in Russian regions.
The Contest Procedure
Opening of the contest exhibition takes place on 20 June.
- "Skill in creation of artistic image"
- "Skill of execution"
- "From flame and light..." – special category dedicated to the 200th anniversary of M.Lermontov
- "The Spirit of Fire" – special category dedicated to the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi.
Awards for the contest winners
- Grand Prix (prize and money award)
- Laureate in each category (prize and money award)
- Jury diplomas
- Special prizes and sponsors awards
Results of the contest are resumed by the qualified jury, which is defined by the Organizing Committee of the contest. Jury members can not be participants or curators of the contest.
Formulation, content, award criteria and amount of special prizes and awards are defined by their establishers in coordination with the contest Organizing Committee.
Kaliningrad Amber Museum will consider the possibility of purchasing works distinguished by the contest jury for its collection.
Publishing of the catalogue
After the contest, an illustrated coloured catalogue will be published. Every participant of the contest is provided with one free catalogue.
Programme of the Second All-Russian Contest of Jewellery Art includes:
- contest exhibition;
- seminar “Integration of jewellery with contemporary art and design. Challenges and advantages”;
- workshops by specialists and experts in the sphere of jewellery art;
- demonstration of the exhibition in Russian museums.
The Organizing Committee
The event is part of the annual project or biennial
News related to this event
- 17 July 2014: В Музее янтаря организована выставка студенческих плакатов
- 25 June 2014: Amber Museum has been awarded with the Badge of Honour of Carl Faberge Memorial Foundation
- 23 June 2014: Results of the Second All-Russian Contest of Jewellery Art
- 23 June 2014: Workshops and lectures for students took place in Kaliningrad
- 23 June 2014: Awarding ceremony took place in the museum
- 23 June 2014: Academic seminar was held in the Amber Museum
- 9 June 2014: Opening of the all-Russian Contest will be held in the museum
Working time calendar of this event
- 33 – working day of the event or exhibition;
- 33 – today;
- 33 – museum is closed for visitors;
- 33 – museum is open for visitors.