Conception of the Second All-Russian Contest of Jewelry Art in Kaliningrad
25 February 2014
of the Second All-Russian Contest of Jewelry Art in Kaliningrad
In 2014, Kaliningrad Amber Museum conducts All-Russian Contest of Jewelry Art for the second time, which includes: exhibition and contest, seminar “Integration of jewelry with contemporary art and design. Challenges and advantages”, educational program by leading experts and specialists in the sphere of jewelry art, publication of the catalogue.
In 2012, this project started successfully, jewelers from Kaliningrad, Kazan, Makhachkala, Moscow, Nizhniy Tagil, Rostov-on-Don, Saint Petersburg, Togliatti, Yaroslavl and Zlatoust took part in it. Curators of the contest were workers of Russian museums, Togliatti State University, Research Institute of Theory and History of Fine Arts of the Russian Academy of Arts (Moscow), Committee of National Arts and Crafts of Zlatoust, Dagestan department of ACPA "Union of Russian Artists".
The First All-Russian Contest showed the necessity of this action. It helped to n extent to see the picture of what is happening in the jewelry space of the country, educe issues of contemporary state of the designer jewelry art in regions of Russia.
Considering the experience of organization and conduction of the First contest, the Organizing Committee decided to include demonstration of the contest exhibition in Russian regions during 2014–2015 in the program of the Second All-Russian Contest of Jewelry Art. It is also worth mentioning that in order to draw attention of wide public to the issues of culture development, preservation of cultural and historical heritage, the year 2014 was declared the Year of Culture in Russian Federation.
1. Creation of the united all-Russian information space for jewelers and specialists of this field.
- Development of Russian centers of jewelry art based on strengthening intercultural communications with the artistic centers of Russia, participation in common projects.
- Creation of conditions on the territory of Kaliningrad oblast for demonstration of accomplishments of Russian jewelry art and improvement of professional skills of Kaliningrad artists.
- Contribution to the event tourism in Russia.
- Organization of demonstration of the contest exhibition in Russian regions.
The Contest Procedure
Opening of the contest exhibition takes place on 20 June.
- "Skill in creation of artistic image"
- "Skill of execution"
- "From flame and light..." – special category dedicated to the 200th anniversary of M.Lermontov
- "The Spirit of Fire" – special category dedicated to the Olympic Winter Games in Sochi.
Awards for the contest winners
- Grand Prix (prize and money award)
- Laureate in each category (prize and money award)
- Jury diplomas
- Special prizes and sponsors awards
Results of the contest are resumed by the qualified jury, which is defined by the Organizing Committee of the contest. Jury members can not be participants or curators of the contest.
Formulation, content, award criteria and amount of special prizes and awards are defined by their establishers in coordination with the contest Organizing Committee.
Kaliningrad Amber Museum will consider the possibility of purchasing works distinguished by the contest jury for its collection.
Publishing of the catalogue
After the contest, an illustrated coloured catalogue will be published. Every participant of the contest is provided with one free catalogue.
Program of the Second All-Russian Contest of Jewelry Art includes:
- contest exhibition;
- seminar “Integration of jewelry with contemporary art and design. Challenges and advantages”;
- workshops by specialists and experts in the sphere of jewelry art;
- demonstration of the exhibition in Russian museums.
The Organizing Committee