Creative contest "The City I Live in"
12 May 2012
Press Office of the Amber Museum
For the Children's Day, the Amber Museum announces a creative competition "The City I Live in". We offer children aging from 6 to 17 years old to tell about their city using pencils and paints – about parks and esplanades, yards and streets, monuments and unusual buildings that they like. Best works of the contest will be used as illustrations for the children's city guide book.
"The City I Live in"
Kaliningrad Amber Museum is announcing a new contest!
Each of us has a favorite place – park or esplanade, yard or street, monument or unusual house, which you like to look at. Do you like to walk through Kaliningrad and its vicinity? Do you have your favorite routes? This contest is for you. Try to tell about your city with help of pencils and paints!
You can picture a modern entertaining center or frame-built house of the 19th century, famous architectural monument or quiet corner, dear and memorable to you personally.
Authors of the best and the most original works will receive prizes and presents. This paintings and drawings will be used in design of the children city guide book.
You can bring your works personally to us to the Museum or send them by post until 20 May 2012.
Our address: Marshal Vasilevsky Sq. 1., 236016 Kaliningrad, Russia
You can ask questions on the phone (4012)53-82-19
- The Contest is conducted among school students (age: 6 – 17 years old);
- Students of educational institutions of different specializations, educates of orphan houses, fosters, social rehabilitation centers, private persons can be participants of the Contest.
2. REQUIREMENTS TO CONTEST WORKS
- works should correspond the subject of the contest;
- paintings and drawings are accepted for the contest;
- works should be presented until 20 May 2012;
- each work should have a label with author’s first and last name, age, work title, material and technique, title of the educational institution and first and last name of the teacher on it;
- if there are more than one work by the same author or teacher, there should be an application with listed works;
- works that do not match the requirements will not be accepted for the competition.
3. WORKS JUDGMENT CRITERIA
- all works will be considered by the jury, which consists of more than two persons;
- works will be considered in two age groups: 6 – 11 years and 12 – 17 years;
- works will be considered in two categories:
- best drawing;
- best painting;
- the following criteria will be considered:
- compliance of the work with the subject of the contest;
- independence of execution;
- artistic level;
- laureates of each category will be awarded with diplomas and prizes;
- best works will be used as illustrations for the guide book.
4. CONTEST TIMING
- works are accepted until 29 May 2012
- works can be delivered to the Amber Museum in different ways:
- by post to the Amber Museum's address: Vasilevsky Sq 1, 236000 Kaliningrad, Russia;
- by e-mail as .jpeg; e-mail documents: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- bring to the Museum personally to the Department for Museum Pedagogics and Educational Programs.
Opening of the exhibition and contest is on 1 June 2012.