Opening of the contest exhibition
27 June 2016
Press Office of the Amber Museum
On 24 June, opening ceremony of the Third All-Russian Contest of Jewellery and Stone-Carving Art and awarding of the contest winners took place in the Kaliningrad Regional Amber Museum. This year the massive event is dedicated to the 170th anniversary of Carl Faberge (1846–1920). This decision is a tribute to the artistic legacy of Faberge company masters, intent to glorify the traditions of national art and successful development of contemporary jewellery and stone-carving art.
150 artists from 13 cities took part in the contest – from Kaliningrad, Kazan, Kostroma, Makhachkala, Nizhny Tagil, Rostov-on-Don, Rybinsk, Saint Petersburg, Togliatti, Tula, Ufa, Yaroslavl, Yekaterinburg. Around 500 works were submitted for the contest. Skills of the artists were considered by the professional jury consisting of leading art historians, experts in the field of jewellery and stone-carving art of Russia.
– In 2016 Kaliningrad oblast is celebrating its 70th anniversary, – said Marina Sergeeva, head of the Department for Arts, Museums and Educational Activity in the Sphere of Culture of the Ministry of Culture of Kaliningrad oblast. – And we have things to be proud of. The Amber Museum has undertaken the mission of exhibitional, as well as project and scientific and research work organizing international and all-Russian contests, conferences, seminars, plain airs. And manages it well. The best jewellery and stone-carving schools of Russia are presented at the current contest. I would like to notice that cooperation of different regions is one of the goals of the state policy of the country.
Director General of the Kaliningrad Amber Combine Mikhail Zatsepin mentioned that the all-Russian contest for jewellers and stone carvers is a significant event for our region. Welcoming speeches were addressed to the guests, artists, jury members and curators by acting Minister for Industrial Policy, Development of Entrepreneurship and Trade of Kaliningrad oblast Oleg Stupin, director of the Kaliningrad Amber Museum Tatyana Suvorova, chairman of the contest jury , jewellery artist Gennady Lentsov.
Highlight of the night was awarding of the winners an laureates in the following categories: "Artistic Heritage", "Metaphor", "Use of National Ornament", "My Russia", "The Best Amber Work". The main contest award – Grand Prix – was given to the artist from Kostroma Nikita Volkov for the earrings "Spinning Wheel".
The ceremony was embellished with shows of designer jewellery created by the Kaliningrad artist Tamara Emsen, by the creative association "Prussian Honey" (leader jewellery artist Lana Egorova) and fashion show "Silken Clouds" by the Kaliningrad designer Natalia Korotkova. Models of the agency "Eva Fashion" (director Madina Vorokova) participated in the presentation. Nice atmosphere was created by music bands – string quartet of the Kaliningrad Philharmonic Hall "Impromtu" and "Smooth Jazz Operators (directed by Alexandr Chaikin).
Opening of the solo exhibition "The Art of Jewellery Object" of the Moscow jewellers Gennady Lentsov, jury member of the Third All-Russian Contest of Jewellery and Stone-Carving Art took place on the same day.
Media partner of the project:
FSBI "Editorial Office of "Russian Newspaper", chief editor Vladislav Fronin
- Emelyanov and Sons Amber-Redwood Manufactory
- Kaliningrad Regional Public Organization of Entrepreneurs "Amber Union"
- LLC CME "Alk"
- Travel agency "Amber Mosaic-Nadezhda"
- APC "Flor" and flower shops chain "Rosa"
- Kaliningrad Regional Organization of Writers, chairman Boris Bartfeld
- IE Shishov S.
- IE Trusov A.
- IE Pogosyan S.
- LLC "Konigsland"
- LLC "Baltic Gardens"
- LLC "Souvenirs of the Baltic"
- Creative association of Kaliningrad artists "Prussian Honey"
- Magazine "Russian Jeweller"
- Magazine "Jewellery Review"
- Magazine Jewel & Travel"