Programme "RETRO-BOOM!" for the Night of Museums
20 May 2014
Press Office of the Amber Museum
In the Kaliningrad Amber Museum, the programme "RETRO-BOOM!" was offered to guests for the Night of Museums. Rain clouds that suddenly came and rain that began couldn't spoil good mood of the visitors. There were performances of jazz musicians, dancers, circus artists, photo shooting with participants of the cycle rally in retro style, with the legendary literary characters Ostap Bender and Ellochka the Cannibal, with attributes of the Soviet time – horn and drum, in corresponding costume – pioneer red scarf and red side-cap prepared for them.
"East Prussian Express" brought visitors to the journey through the exhibition of items produced at the Konigsberg State Amber Manufactory in the 1920–1940s. As a matter of fact, to catch interest of the public to the manufactory building, where after the restoration, branch of the Amber Museum will be placed, the programme "RETRO-BOOM!" was prepared using the style of that epoch. Spirit of the time was also delivered by the photo exhibition "Streets of the old city" showing pictures of Konigsberg before war.
Charming workers of the detective agency "Mouse Trap" offered the night visitors to take part in the investigation of the crime using the quest "Konigsberg Robbery". Everybody could have a bite in the cafe "Prohibition", try and buy a fashion hat by Kaliningrad designer Natalie Griner, to get acquainted with museum's showpieces, as well as contemporary works of Kaliningrad amber artists at the selling exhibition "Shadow economy". The event was concluded with the fire show "City Lights".
- artists of the Kaliningrad Regional Drama Theater, art director Mikhail Andreev;
- dance club "Savoy";
- jazz band "Smooth Jazz Operators", leader Alexander Chaikin;
- "Illusion-acrobat show", director Alexander Volkov;
- Children's and Youth Center "Moscow";
- circus group "Hopes of the 21st century", director Valeriy Ivanov;
- extreme club "Baltic Raven", leader Pavel Krasnoshchokov;
- workshop "G&G", designer Natalie Griner, stylist and image-maker Zora Polkovnikova;
- museum-shop "Star";
- collector Denis Dunaevskiy;
- cafe "Campus 39";
- aero design studio "Positive club" (balloons, figures, decoration);
- sports shops chain "Sport Planet";
- city cycle initiative "Critical mass";
- festival "The Wheel Day";
- "FotoFocus" company;
- photo studio "Helios";
- restaurant "Zötler".
The news is related to the annual project or biennial
Other news related to this news
- 13 May 2014: В Международный день музеев приглашаем бесплатно посетить Музей
- 25 April 2014: Programme "RETRO-BOOM!" for the Night of Museums